Tuesday 5 March 2019

My Winter Needs Colour, What About Yours?


My Winter Needs Colour, What About Yours?
Triptych 24" x 10" (each panel 8"x10")          
 acrylic on canvas -  SOLD
I have made several attempts recently, to paint across three small canvases, with each canvas working as a single composition and when put together as a triptych, forming a larger work.  I worked both non-objectively and representationally though fairly abstracted. While I felt that many of these small paintings worked individually, it was a challenge to have all 3 canvases work together successfully.  However, the triptych above does work in this regard and I am very happy with the result. The landscape composition is 'imagined' and the intense palette is in reaction to the white of a northern winter. There is lots of variety in the treatment of the surface with flat opaque colour areas, transparent colour areas, scumbling, scraping, and ink marks. 

left

centre

right


No comments:

Post a Comment