Sunday 23 November 2014

Colourfield I

Colourfield I
28" x 22" - acrylic on canvas
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.
While I was painting the large water lily painting (see earlier posts!) I worked on this landscape too.
The composition is based on a subject/photo I have used before - but interpreted each time, quite differently. In this painting I simplified the landscape field into a number of connecting horizontal shapes, which became more abstract and defined as they moved forwards and down the picture plane. The colour scheme developed as I painted, but essentially followed the value pattern based on the photo. The background trees and especially the clump you see on the right were the biggest challenge, in terms of colour and differentiating it from the foreground detail, to suggest the illusion of depth and aerial perspective. This was such fun to paint that I can't wait to paint others in this loose, abstract style.

No comments:

Post a Comment