Saturday 9 June 2012

More Colour Fun

Evening Glow
20" x 30" - acrylic on canvas  SOLD

This is the second of the two paintings I worked on in the last few days. I think it really helped me to stay loose to go back and forth between them. I usually have a couple of paintings on the go, but this was the first time that I can recall, that both were resolved and completed in a relatively short time. Simply put,  I was in the (painting) zone and it was great! 

The subject for this work was another photo I took whilst visiting Vancouver Island several years ago. This shot from the car window is looking up at the giant fir trees. As beautiful as the scenery there is, the real colours (green and grey) were boring and the lighting was flat - so I took creative license and turned day to dusk and green to purple, blue, pink, orange and yellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment