Thursday 9 August 2018

left handed drawing and painting



It has been almost 3 months since my last post in mid April. A long time I know, but, I was working on several canvases through May and June, and then almost 5 weeks ago sh*&#*&% happened. I fell in a stupid accident and broke both of my arms!!!! I am past the worst of it now, casts have been replaced with braces and I have started physiotherapy. I am able to move my wrists, and arms in limited ways. For a number of reasons my left arm is healing faster than my right (dominant) one, but I am optimistic and expect a full recovery in the future.
                                        
Last week, I needed some art therapy, so I finally started drawing, using my left/non-dominant hand and then added some water color paint. It felt so good to do both after what seemed like an eternity. The results are above.

The three sketchbook paintings below are ones I did before the accident, using a similar technique. 
.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, nooooooo! SO sorry, Pat!
    Glad you are able to get back to some painting. Even with your non-dominant hand, your artwork is still amazing.
    Praying for your speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat!!! I am so sorry to hear about your accident - I can't even begin to imagine...both arms!?! I was thinking you were away travelling. I love your non-dominant hand drawings/paintings - there is just enough exaggeration in them that draws my eye in! Lovely! Sending lots of good wishes for a complete recovery.....glad to see your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!! thats a horrible thing to happen to an artist!!! I hope you are healing well and fast!

    ReplyDelete