Wednesday 11 October 2017

Strait of Georgia (near Powell River, British Columbia)





Strait of Georgia
20" x 24" - acrylic on canvas - $400
This painting was inspired by a photo I took while travelling in British Columbia a few years ago. We had taken a ferry from Vancouver Island and crossed the Strait of Georgia to a small town called Powell River, and then drove south sticking as closely to coastal roads as we could. This is a view looking west over the strait just south of the town. 

I started working on this painting last spring and though it only needed a little final tweaking I could never find the time to finish it - until today. Now that the challenge is over and Thanksgiving is past, I am hoping to complete some larger canvases that have been staring at me since the end of summer. Because I usually work on several paintings at once they tend to finish in groups. It never rains but it pours!  




No comments:

Post a Comment