Wednesday 12 April 2017

Des Nuages Orageux

Des Nuages Orageux
16" x 16"  - acrylic on canvas - $150

As I was painting en plein air near St. Saturnin-les-Apt, last September, storm clouds - des images orageux - were forming in the distance and approaching our group. Everyone kept painting, and happily the storm passed us by. Later that day I painted a small version of the approaching storm, and recently decided to tackle the the subject again. It was a dramatic 'big weather morning' and that is what I wanted to capture in this painting. 




2 comments:

  1. LOVE the drama!! Just beautiful!
    And I was wondering where you were... Welcome back, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so mystical, great the painting!
    The storm you have photographed miraculously, I love something like that!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete