Saturday 21 March 2015

The Beguine - Water Reflections Abstract Six

The Beguine - Water Reflections Abstract Six
24" x 30"  acrylic on canvas
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.

This is the third abstract I worked on this past week, based on a detail from a photo of water reflections, re-imagined as a composition of shapes, lines and colours. Not wanting to just call these works 'abstract number....etc', I have also titled them with the name of a dance. In each case I think the style of dance specified relates to the mood evoked by each painting. If you imagine the way the paint brush moves over the canvas energized by the dance steps and  music usually associated with the dance you will understand what I mean. I hope. Take a watch and listen here.  I am really happy with how this and the others have turned out - and have one more on my easel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment