Wednesday 31 December 2014

Tree Top

Tree Top
18" x 24" - acrylic on canvas
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.

I started this sometime last winter. It went through several colour permutations before I finally decided to let it be. Once again I was hoping and trusting that a fresh view of it in time would help me assess next steps. When I picked it up again, a few weeks ago, I changed the colour of the tree trunk, and finally was happy with the finished work. It is based on a photo of a plane tree - a subject that I have been intrigued with for a few years and have painted on  larger scale that you can see here and here. In this smaller work I really played with the foliage, transforming them into coloured discs and allowed the tree trunk to be plane. 

Happy New Years Eve and Best Wishes for a Safe, Healthy and Happy 2015!





No comments:

Post a Comment