Tuesday 30 July 2013

Rocks as Inspiration

Balancing Act
acrylic on canvas - 36" x 24"
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.
I love rocky shore lines and have taken many photos of such over the years, thinking that they might be good subjects to paint - but how? Using my mac, I recently began to select details from the larger photos, cropping out about 90% of the original photo and found that I had some really interesting little abstract compositions of shapes, forms, and lines - and so have begun to paint them.

This is the first of these rock-inspired abstract paintings. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, and particularly like the combination of 3 dimensional forms and flat 2 dimensional shapes. I have another one on the easel.....so stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment