Sunday 2 June 2013

New Work

I really have been busy painting - working on several at once - in preparation for my Studio Show this weekend.
Here is what has been on and off the easel, and now are ready for hanging.

Redstone Lake Morning
18" x 14" - acrylic on canvas  SOLD

A familiar view on our lake in the Haliburton area.

Bonnieux Pines
16" x 16" - acrylic in canvas SOLD
Though I did paint this scene 'en plein aire' last June, I wanted to try it again, and I am much more happy with this second painting. The yellows and blues really capture the colouring of Provence in the summer. 


Road Trip
20" x 24" - acrylic on canvas
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.
I love these views of the quintessential French country road lined with platane trees. I find the the shape of the foliage canopy, sky holes and negative spaces between the trees so interesting. 


Early Evening 
12" x 12" - acrylic on canvas SOLD
I love the palette in this one - much moodier than my normal colour scheme, and very suggestive of early evening in summer. I can almost hear the cicadas.

1 comment:

  1. johnogradypaintings.com3 June 2013 at 21:21

    Good luck with your show Pat, a frantic time I am sure but all worth it. Great to see the way you capture the Provencal atmosphere in your work full of warmth and light

    ReplyDelete