Wednesday 16 May 2012

Starting Again

I'm back - in Canada, in my new condo home, and starting to paint, again. What with our house move last January, time away in the winter, and settling into a smaller condo townhouse that included painting a room or two, as well as other 'life' matters, painting has taken a back seat to everything else.  

Starting to paint after a hiatus of a couple of months, however, is really painful. I am working through lousy drawings, throw-away paintings, much soul searching and hand wringing.  Have you been there? The only way I know how to get through this tunnel is to keep my head down and keep working, and this week I am beginning to see some light. Realizing that I had to be purposeful, I looked again at the photos of Otis the cat and these inspired some drawings, and finally a small painting that I am quite happy with.





Otis Encore 
sold
12" x 12"  acrylic on canvas
Though I have never met this handsome orange feline, I am told he is quite the colourful guy. 





















1 comment:

  1. Well done Patricia!! This is fabulous,love the colours!
    Especially well done for getting back to painting after such a long break.I know how hard it can be.Even a few days away can make you feel uncertain about your skills.One things for sure ,you still have it!

    ReplyDelete