Tuesday 20 August 2019

Hollyhock Garden 'Flower Children'

Flower Children
36" x 36" - acrylic on canvas - SOLD
I actually painted this work over a month ago - I was on a bit of a roll then - but needed to let it rest for a while to make sure that no further work was necessary.
When I looked at it two weeks ago, I knew it was done, yeah! However I have been so busy painting other things  that I haven't found the time to write and post. 

I hate to admit this, but Instagram is faster.
BTW - you can find me on IG - patriciamacdonaldart

Anyway, this was a really fun one to paint and best of all I stayed loose and painterly. It's inspired by a photo of a hollyhock garden which I have painted other variations of, but this was the biggest and most expressive. I was really happy with the palette, the brushstrokes, the marks and the stylization.
It's now on its way to a new home in Nova Scotia. 
Thank you Maryl!





No comments:

Post a Comment