Monday 11 July 2016

The Scottish Landscape


To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give, 
To roam the roads of lands remote: To travel is to live.  
Hans Christian Anderson



I spent the last week of June travelling in Scotland, a place I have wanted to visit for a long time. It was a short and fast trip in which we covered 1200 miles in 7 days, starting outside of Glasgow, travelling north and west to Skye, then up along the western coast to the northern coast and then down through the middle to Inverness, and finally Edinburgh. We stayed off the busy roads (safer too as we were on the wrong side!) and revelled in the grandeur of the coastal and highland landscape. My camera was a poor tool to record what I saw, but we were moving fast, saying 'we'll come back someday', and spend more time. 
I am now sifting through my hundreds of photos trying to figure out how to respond and interpret what I saw in paint, using line, shape and colour. What the photos can't convey is the incredible sense of space from so many vistas. Sounds like a challenge, doesn't it. 
 In the meantime, here are some more photos.....enjoy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment