Sunday 13 March 2016

Flower Garden 'Colour Pop'

Colour Pop
24" x 24" - acrylic on canvas - $350
After painting numerous landscapes this winter I needed a 'subject' break. I went through my photos of flowers and found one that suggested interesting possibilities for abstraction. It was essentially a garden of multi-coloured flowers. I knew that I did not want to paint the individual blossoms, stems and leaves so tried to suggest something more ethereal with a high key colour palette, circular shapes and a variety of edges, which together produced a good sense of visual rhythm over the canvas surface. I did draw into the paint once it was dry, with a yellow 'inktense' crayon, but the lines are subtle. I enjoyed the break, and will explore and experiment with these ideas again, but not right now! Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment