Thursday 18 February 2016

Light Chaser’s ‘Paint Sarasota Paintout’




I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to do some plein air painting in Florida this winter, and have signed up for the annual Light Chaser’s Paint Sarasota Paintout that begins today (February 18)  and finishes up next Wednesday February 24th. What that means is that I will head out each morning with my gear and paint some kind of landscape view, on location at the day’s designated spot, along with the other 92 painters involved. At the end of the period I will enter one of my paintings into the group’s annual exhibit to be held at the Edson Keith Mansion at the Phillippi Estate Park, on the weekend of Feb. 26 to the 28th. Fortunately, the weather looks like it will co-operate with mild temps and lots of sun – yeah!           

I will be posting what I paint each day - the good and the bad. If you are in the Sarasota County area the weekend of the exhibit this is your invitation to come by and see some fabulous art, and it’s all for sale! Information about the exhibit is on the poster above. I am looking forward to the challenge - so stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment