Tuesday 15 December 2015

One Dog - Four Dog Portraits

Blake Three  
It has been over a month since my last post. In that time I did some travelling south, and lots of painting. One of my projects was to complete four commissioned dog portraits of a golden doodle named Blake. I get these commissions every once in a while (you can see some here)  and generally quite enjoy the change from painting landscapes.  I took lots of photos of the dog and looked for head shots that were clear (especially around the eyes) and poses that were interesting. I went back and forth between the first three, finally finishing them, then going back to the first and re-working it entirely, then re-checked proportions on all of them, and so it went. Finally finished them late last week, and I can say that I am happy with the results and hope the client will be also when she sees them on the weekend! And now I can't wait to start a landscape. Cheers.
Blake Two
Blake One


Blake Four





No comments:

Post a Comment