Thursday 3 April 2014

More Rocks


Rocks Upstream
18" x 18"  - acrylic, pastel, pencil on archival acrylic paper  

This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.
Another in my recent painting exploration of rocks in or near water. This one is based on a detail from photo I took of a fast running stream in British Columbia. As the rocks were small and difficult to see (covered by water) they share the compositioal stage with the water - flattened and simplified into two larger shapes. I really like how the image can be seen and understood both abstractly and representationally. Working on the heavy acrylic paper allowed me a great sense of freedom in both painting and mixing media as the surface was very receptive to pencil, pastel and charcoal line and scumbled paint - all of which was applied liberally. Great fun and I am very happy with the result..




No comments:

Post a Comment