Saturday 3 November 2012

At the End of a Perfect Nova Scotia Day

At the End of a Perfect Nova Scotia Day
16" x 32"
acrylic on canvas

SOLD
I had the good fortune to spend some time with my sister and gregarious MacDonald relations last August on the north shore in Pictou County, Nova Scotia, where many of them grew up. We talked and laughed, ate and drank lots of wine, visited old homes and cottages, saw whales from a fishing boat, gathered oysters and mussels and had a wonderful time.

This painting is based on a photo I took from the 'Bluff' looking towards Roys Island, at one of the cousin's cottages. It was a lovely summer evening, about 6:30, the tide was out, and the light and setting were beautiful. I was particularly intrigued with the arrangement of the shapes of the tidal flats and their colours - which I have slightly intensified here. It was such a peaceful spot and moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment