Thursday 19 July 2012

post Provence

Arts in Provence (yellow house at left) in Les Bassacs

I am now back home after my wonderful two-week painting trip to Provence. I stayed in a hamlet (really just a collection of buildings off the D2 road near St. Saturnin les Apt) called Les Bassacs, in a charming 12th century renovated house called Arts in Provence -run by a delightful ex-pat English couple David Atkinson and Liz Evans. Each morning  David drove us to a different village or nearby location to paint, then he would pick us up and after a delicious lunch at the house, we would continue our morning’s work in the studio or go to another place to paint, or just relax until dinner. Our three course dinner each evening, not to mention the local wines of the Luberon, were fabulous as was the company of my fellow painters.
Over the next few days I will post a little about where we painted, the challenges of painting en plein air, some photos and some of the paintings I did. To start – here are some photos of where I stayed. 
The view to the west, looking over the pool and towards Rousillon, and the Luberon.

The back of the house, with doors into the dining room and the studio window above.

No comments:

Post a Comment