Friday 10 May 2019

Wild Garden & Escarpment

Wild Garden
24" x 30" - acrylic on canvas - $400
    This painting is about abstracting forms and using a more muted
(for me) palette.  In this painting I wanted to portray a garden-like field by breaking up the foreground area into abstracted shapes reminiscent of plants and behind that - trees, a lake and distant hills. I was really happy with the composition as it developed and eventually the palette and the overall dominant muted green hue. 

I actually started this work in 2017, however, it languished until this week for a number of reasons, both technical/artistic and timing. I have been on a bit of a 'studio cleaning up binge' lately, finishing a number of works in a similar 'almost done' situation and after an hour at the easel resolved some minor issues in this painting. It's done -  yeah! - and I am really happy with it.  

I have to say it looks fabulous next to another painting I did, started and completed two years ago, called Escarpment.
I now realize/see that I never posted it on this blog, so here it is...
Escarpment
30" x 40" - acrylic on canvas -$600
Again I abstracted the vegetation and trees, and used a palette with an overall dominant muted colour - blue-violet.
More finished works to come soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment