Friday 16 November 2018

Monet's garden in Giverny inspired paintings

Giverny I
12" x 12" - acrylic on canvas - SOLD

Last year we visited Giverny and Monet's house and amazing gardens. It was May and the gardens were ablaze with colour. Since then I have wanted to try to use them as subject matter, but the tree and vegetation 'forms' are difficult to see clearly in photos, so even making drawings from those photos was a challenge. But, everything is a challenge these days....so better to plunge in, try and fail, than not at all. 
This is the first of several I have now painted from these photos and I am having fun and getting looser and more experimental with each. This one is the most 'naturalistic' and  I am really pleased with it. It was a dull day when I took the photo and I maintained that in the work. I didn't get too crazy with the palette, for a change. Saved that for the next ones, LOL. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment