Saturday 1 October 2016

Painting in Joucas - Day 3

The challenge of returning to places where you have painted before is, of course, to find something new to paint or say about views previously painted. On day 3 we went to the village of Joucas, and it was the 3rd time I have painted there. Earlier works featured the 'village behind the vineyard', so this time I chose to look out  from the village ''towards the vineyard''.  As you can see it was a little overcast, but there were interesting elements in the scene that I thought I could focus on.  

This is stage 1 in which I  established the composition and the colour palette - using  brighter colours then seen that day. Below is the finished painting. I am quite happy with it, but have to say that I am still mulling over the use of magenta. It will stay for now, but I may return to this one later.

Joucas Vineyard
16" x 12"  acrylic on Canson Canva Paper


No comments:

Post a Comment