Sunday 21 June 2015

Oliveraie


Oliveraie
24" x 30" acrylic on canvas SOLD
Last summer I painted a number of smallish works featuring olive trees or olive groves, called oliveraie in French.  These were inspired by all the olive trees I saw in Provence, and my visit to St Remy-de-Provence where Vincent Van Gogh was hospitalized in the late part of his life, and where he painted olive trees. After completing the small works I wanted to do a larger canvas and started this one - but for whatever reason it was never completed. Last week I decided to finish it and this is the result. And I am pretty happy with it, too! I love the colour palette and the patterning on the ground and in the foliage where I used pastel to draw into the foliage. It would look gorgeous on a blue, violet, cream, green or yellow wall, if you have one of those!
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.


2 comments: