30" x 24" acrylic on canvas
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.
As I have said before - sometimes it is challenging to come up with an apt, if not perfect title for a painting. The title for this work resulted from the changes I made after showing it to an artist friend Leeza, and expressing my frustration about what to do next. At that point the painting looked like this....
and I was feeling stuck. I can't recall exactly what she said but whatever it was, sparked my imagination and I decided to soften and eliminate (in some areas), the outlines of the flower petals, and change the background, and find ways to integrate the two. In order to do that, I took some risks, and it felt good. And I really liked the results. My nice orderly poppies got to go wild. The colours in the finished painting are quite saturated though not quite as neon as what you see here - again I have had trouble reproducing the exact pink-red hue; all of the colours are slightly darker, and richer. A great dose of colour on the wall - especially if the view through the window is not as colourful as it will be in a few weeks. Cheers!